Museums and Galleries of Konavle is a public cultural institution engaged in the exploration, processing, presentation and preservation of the natural and cultural heritage of the Konavle region. Konavle region (210 km2) is situated at the southeast part of the Dubrovnik-Neretva County with its population of approximately 10 000 inhabitants spread throughout the 33 villages. While the administrative centre is located in Cavtat.
Institution Museums and Galleries of Konavle operates in:
- Konavle County Museum, ethnographic museum founded in 1974 in village Čilipi.
- House Bukovac, birthplace and museum of Vlaho Bukovac (Cavtat 1855 – Prague 1922), one of the most prominent Croatian painters and founder of the modern Croatian painting.
- Archaeological Museum, located in the west wing of the 15th century Saint Blaise Franciscan Monastery in village Pridvorje.
- Mausoleum of the Račić family, work of the Croatian sculptor Ivan Meštrović, built in 1922, Cavtat.
In partnership with local community and various scientific and educational societies we produce programs and engage enthusiasts in local issues. Dispersed amongst our museums and sites we try to develop understanding of the local history and diversity of its elements involved in contemporary life of Konavle people.